Silence Kills...

Silence Kills...
SilenceKills

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Mama, 

I know you suffered much while giving birth to us. They say that labor pain is the most intense pain that a human being can feel. And then you endured and still enduring additional pain in raising us. I'm so amazed at how you did all of that Ma and I don't know how to repay all of that.

Last friday, May 6, 2011, Nel graduated from college. I'm so happy and proud that you and Papa were able to give us the only gift never to be taken from us: Education. Now, we'll be the ones to work along with Papa. Magbubuhay Donya ka na Ma. But still, I do not know if that is enough to repay everything you've done for us.
This Mother's day, using the product of my own sweat and blood, I bought you a gift. I don't want you to see it as a material gift Ma. Instead, I want you to see it as a symbol of my/our appreciation and love for you. Ang tawag ko nga dyan "Nakabalot na Pagmamahal". Actually, it's a nice brown bag. Nahirapan ako sa pagpili nyan Ma. Kinunsulta ko pa yung sales lady kung ok yung style ng bag. But seriuosly Ma, I really hope you'll like it.

Since it is a surprise, I asked Sister Juliet to keep it for me because I'd like to give it to you after the Sunday Morning Mass. You were smiling when you saw me carrying a gift while approaching you. Abot tenga ang ngiti mo Ma.

"Happy Mother's Day!" and then I smiled.

" Nag-abala ka pa 'nak... ", you said that again still smiling. I have to Ma. This is a special day for you.

When we reached home, you opened the gift in front of me. The wrapper and the box were all in pink. You liked it very much but that's not my gift Ma. When you opened the box, you were already teary eyed. Same here Ma but you were not able to notice my eyes because of the newspaper I was reading. Sa totoo lang 'di naman talaga ako nagbabasa. Pinagmamasdan kita sa peripheral vision ko. 

And then... you kissed me on my forehead.

"Salamat, 'nak..."

Mababaw ang luha ko, Ma. Pigil na pigil talaga ako. Ayaw ko kasi talagang umiyak. But that kiss? It was a bliss. I really can't explain what I've felt.That moment, I felt your eternal love for us. So warm and tender. It's like you are giving me your life. And again, I don't know how to give back.

Ma, I hope you live longer so that I can give thanks to you everyday of my life. You are giving us your life and I want to give mine to you too. You are such an extraordinary person Ma. Your smile, your touch and your kiss; those meant everything to us.

Again, I'm willing to give my life to you. YOU ARE WORTH MY LIFE MAMA.


I love you Ma.
Kuya Sly...♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment